Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of:
- Users of the cheshireimagebank.org.uk website (“user”, “customer”, “you”, “your”) and
- Providers of the Site, those of the Cheshire West and Chester Council, the Cheshire East Council, Cheshire Archives and Local Studies and Chester History and Heritage ( “we”, “us”, “our”).
- Copyright of images belongs to Cheshire Archives and Local Studies and Chester History and Heritage unless otherwise stated.
- Your use of the site is subject to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions of Use, please do not use the site.
2 Information, Accuracy and Availability
- We aim to update the site regularly, and may change content at any time.
- Prices and details of products and services referred to on the Site are subject to change without notice.
- We claim the right to remove or modify the Site for whatever reason and to terminate or withdraw the site without notice.
3 Use of the Site
- By viewing a digital image from this collection, you are agreeing to comply with copyright licensing regulations. These state that your use of the image is for personal use only, and that you will not copy, publish or distribute the image in any way.
- Low resolution images may be downloaded free of charge, for personal use only.
- You must not make any alterations or additions to the material on this Site, or sell or misappropriate it.
- You must not use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
4 Copyright information
- Downloading or purchasing any image from this site does not give you copyright of that image. Copyright remains vested in Cheshire Archives and Local Studies, Chester History and Heritage, or any third party for whom we manage copyright
- Images may be available for publication or commercial use. However, special permission is required and you will be charged a commercial rate or fee.
- Every care has been taken to identify copyright owners and every effort has been made to ensure that copyright information is accurate. If you have any queries about the copyright of images used then you should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com
5 Acknowledging Cheshire Image Bank
When we permit you to use or re-publish images or information from this Site we require that you acknowledge us by including the words:
“Image used with permission from Cheshire Archives and Local Studies and Chester History and Heritage, http://www.cheshireimagebank.org.uk
- Cheshire West and Chester and Cheshire East Councils respect your privacy. Any information you give us or non personal details which are gathered automatically help us to provide you with the best possible services whether you are a Cheshire resident or a website visitor.
- If you give us information on our website or (for example) in an email, you should consider that information to be public.
- We will use any information that you give us, but will not give your details to a third party without your prior permission.