Adding to our Collections
We are always looking for illustrations, photographs and prints to add to our collections. Material can be donated to us, in which case the originals will be copied digitally and then placed in protective storage conditions. Material can also be lent to us for copying and the originals safely returned to you.
Points to consider
If you are thinking about donating or loaning material to the Cheshire Image Bank then you will need to think about the following points:
- We ask that all images donated to us are either out of copyright or that we have your written permission to digitise and use them.
• We will publish the image on this website.
• We will supply images to customers for their personal study and use.
• We will use the image to promote the work of Cheshire Archives & Local Studies and Chester History & Heritage .
• We can manage any commercial re-use of the image or, if you prefer, we can pass such enquiries to you to deal with
• All images are subject to a quality check. We might reject images if we already have them, if the image is under/over exposed, is obscured by passing vehicles or otherwise considered inappropriate.
You can download a copy of our donation form here. If you wish to send electronic files then TIFF or JPEG files at a resolution of 300 dpi would be ideal. Please contact us for advice if you are unsure. We accept no liability for items sent in the post and strongly recommend that you arrange to bring material to the Cheshire Record Office or the Chester History & Heritage office at St Michael’s Church by appointment.